Learn how to travel safely across snow-covered mountain terrain by yourself. Choose between a 1 or 2-day course.
Duration: 1 or 2 full days (approximately 6-8 hrs per day)
Level: medium (good physical shape; no previous mountaineering experience needed)
Basic tools and equipment for winter mountaineering:
- Ice axes: classic and technical mountaineering ice axes
- Climbing ropes
- Slings, carabiners, etc.
Snow travel techniques:
- General introduction to walking in snow
- Boot techniques
- Boot and ice axe techniques
- Ice axe techniques
- Crampon techniques
- Self-arrest (stopping) techniques
- Body belaying
Day 2 (2-day course only)
Ascent to the peak of Veleta, including:
- Basic snow analysis
- Rope harnesses
- Safety ropes
- Walking together as a rope team
|Number of people*||Price per person|
|1**||1 day: 95 €|
2 days: 195 €
|2||1 day: 95 €|
2 days: 195 €
|3-6||1 day: 80 €|
2 days: 180 €
* The price per person depends on the number of people in your party booking together, not the total size of the final group (which may include other bookings). Maximum group size: 6 per guide. For bookings of more than 6 people, ask for a personalised quote.
** The minimum number of people for this activity is 2. Bookings for 1 person: tell us the date(s) you’re interested in so we can add you to an existing group or put you on a waiting list if there is no group on that date. We will write back to let you know what options are available.
Information and booking
To book this activity, or for more information, fill in the form below: